Friday, October 31, 2008

Inside View of Scales


This shows the other side. Hopefully you can see where I have to remove brass to match the blank. There are a couple places where the finger notches don't quite reach, that might or might not cause appearance problems later. I try to move the scales around where the existing holes will line up. I want two pairs pins through the thick and thin parts, with a wood insert. My aim is for it to be strong without epoxy, as they would have for thousands of years before epoxy was invented, although I am going to glue it, too.

I don't know which blank I'm going to use yet, although if I had another pair of slabs I'd use them on both. They don't quite fit either, but I think they'll work. It's most likely that I will destroy them with the grinder, but I'm going to try and at least start carefully. For a change.

No comments: